Click here for a printable recipe.
4 eggs, medium - I used organic
1/3 cup plain yogurt or sour cream - 80 ml
1/4 tsp sea salt - 1.25 ml
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper - 2.5 ml
1/2 tsp paprika - 2.5 ml
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg - 0.8 ml
1 cup onion, diced - 250 ml
1/2 of a sweet red pepper, diced
1 1/2 cups shredded kale - 375 ml
1 Tbsp olive oil - 15 ml
1 1/2 cup grilled rainbow trout, cut into 1 inch (2.5 cm) pieces/chunks - 375 ml
1/2 tomato, large, cut into wedges
1/4 cup dill, fresh, chopped - 60 ml - sub a teaspoon dried
1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled - 125 ml - I used sheep feta
1 1/2 cup white cheese grated - 375 ml - I used organic mozzarella
1/4 cup marjoram leaves, fresh - 60 ml - to scatter over (optional)
sprinkle of paprika
1. Crack eggs and beat with yogurt (or sour cream). Whisk in sea salt, freshly ground pepper, paprika and ground nutmeg. Set aside.
2. Dice onion and red pepper and set aside. Slice kale into ribbons. If the stems are tough you can remove them. Below is the end of my garden kale.
3. Heat olive oil in cast iron pan over medium high heat. Saute onions and red pepper until tender. Stir the fresh (or dried) dill into the mixture.
5. Cut grilled trout into strips and scatter over sauteed vegetables.
6. Cut tomato into thin wedges. Chop fresh dill. Lay crumbled feta, tomato and dill over the sauteed vegetables and fish. You can create a pin wheel pattern in the centre with the tomato.
7. Pour beaten eggs over top.
© Nancy Guppy, RD, MHSc