Saturday, January 29, 2011

Black Beauty Eggplant

This is a retro post on last summer's garden.  I have never succeeded in growing eggplant in northern Ontario.  It is not usually hot or dry enough.  The summer of 2010 was both and I had three fruits coming along in the garden in September.  This little darling below was about 3 inches long.


The variety is Black Beauty and the seedlings were started by my friend Rachel.  Even the flowers were beautiful.





I was so excited.  Rachel and I had phone conversations about the eggplant LOL.  But, alas a deer came by and ate all the little eggplants at the end of September.  Maybe this guy below.  At least something did as they were completely chomped off leaves and all.  The untimely death of Little Miss Black Beauty.  End of fairy tale.


No comments: